Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow! Snow snow snow! Also: More snow!

Listen: There are some of you out there who are naturally, understandably anti-snow. It is, after all, fundamentally a pain in the butt in any practical sense of the word. When it snows that means it's cold, and all life activities are harder when its cold. Those of you who know me know that I am no huge fan of the cold, as there is a certain part of my being that must surely have been reincarnated from a brittle old woman who kept her thermostat at 75 from November to April. So yes, I'm with you. The cold is not fun. And again, I will admit that there is some definite hassle to the added winter element of snow. Driving is more difficult, cars must be brushed off, the cuffs of your pants get wet, etc. etc.

To you inside people, to you snow-haters, I say this: move south. If you're not sure if you have moved far enough south, wait for one winter. If you find yourself complaining, keep going south. Eventually you'll get to where you need to be.

The rest of us will be up here enjoying the hell out of the fluffy white stuff that we hope keeps piling up, week after week. Thanks to my current visits to a certain sweet girl who lives in Chicago, I've had more than my fair share of snow this winter, and we haven't even gotten to February yet! This makes for constant winter wonderland type situations, which are awesome in general and especially awesome if you are witnessing them with someone you love atop a 22nd-story roof deck next to a giant lake. To wit:


Though roof-decks are a pretty fantastic way to view a blizzard, the only true way to demonstrate your love of a winter-wonderlandish day is to bundle the hell up and go tromp around in it. And yes, you have to tromp. That's really the only way to do it. Throw on about sixty layers, cover as much exposed skin as possible, and go see some things. The world is covered with white, and it is tranquil, perfect, filled with joy. Sharing that walk with someone is even better, so find a tromping friend and get out there now please.




I love it I love it I love it.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap, you're not dead...you never write, you never call...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home