Sunday, November 11, 2007

Colts at Bolts: NFL Triage Edition

I'm writing this during the Sunday night Colts-Chargers tilt, which has morphed from an actual football game to a "which Colts fan in the stands wants to play offense?" contest. After having lost our backup backup left tackle and one of our guards, we now have no more offensive linemen (besides the five left on the field), and only 15 active and able offensive players available at all. And Peyton keeps throwing the ball to the guys in the wrong hats. Five times, to be specific. This is turning into an unmitigated disaster, but really, at some point, you just have to shrug your shoulders and say, "hell, what are we supposed to do?"

As I've been saying, it's all about the postseason. Right? Right?

Ugh. Super ugh. Double ugh.

In other NFL news, I have no other NFL comments because I was trapped for three hours watching an awful play written by a supposedly famous playwright in which a dead serious late-second-act rambling diatribe on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict was delivered by, and I'm not making this up, a ventriloquist dummy. Oh, and this was a comedy. Really.

Strength and honor, Colts fans. We will persevere. Maybe not tonight, but we will.

EDIT ONE HOUR LATER:

Holy jeepers we just might pull this out. I mean, good Lord. We have no players! We have nobody! Dungy put on a helmet a second ago! We might see 73-year-old Tom Moore in there, reading glasses and all!

Moral of the story: Never give up. Not on this team. Never. Man I love these guys. Seriously. No matter who wins this game, I love this team. Love 'em.

Prediction, with 5:12 left in the game: Adam Vinateri field goal wins it.

EDIT POSTGAME: Oh wow. He misses from 29 yards? The clutch-est kicker ever? Just brutal. But: I love this team. We will prevail. Sigh.

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Meagan said...

You always make me feel better after a Colts loss, Tyler. (Well, always as in twice - Pats and Bolts.) As someone who was at the game, let me echo your "Double Ugh". You would have been proud of us though - We represented our team well, even through the 6 interceptions, Freeney getting carted off and a missed 29 yarder. I love 'em too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home