Sunday, January 13, 2008

Well, #@*$#

Stupid Colts.

I guess if you can't beat Billy Volek and Michael Turner at home, you probably weren't going to beat Tom Brady and the Pats at Foxboro. This does not make me feel any better.

Also not making me feel any better: The Chargers are going to get killed by the Pats. And then the Pats are going to kill the NFC representative in the Super Bowl. And they will be the best team ever in the history of the NFL. Evil will have triumphed. At this rate, I fully expect to hear that Marvin and Dungy are retiring. Just a few steps down this road: Hillary Clinton's victory speech in November. Sweet jeepers.

I am now going to return in my mind to a world in which Marvin Harrison had not suffered a debilitating injury, our franchise left tackle had not retired a week before preseason, our interior run stuffer had not blown his Achilles, our pro-bowl DE had not been lost for the season, and a shiny Lombardi trophy was being paraded around the RCA Dome. That makes me feel a little better. A little.

3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss...

On the plus side, you can sleep in Super Bowl Sunday, and then enjoy a leisurely brunch - see you in a couple of weeks.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will comment in a few weeks when I get out of bed and see the sunlight again.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Xavier Bustamante said...

Come down off the ledge. Tom Brady is going to have his shoulder pulled out of his socket this next weekend. I've got a guy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home