Sunday, February 03, 2008

18-1

My three favorite Super Bowls ever:

1. Colts 29, Bears 17

2. San Francisco 20, Cincinnati 16 (Montana to Taylor for the win)

3. Giants 17, Pats 14

Joy joy joy joy joy.

A few added notes on this subject:

Thing One: I didn't get to watch a single minute of the game, thanks to ill-timed whiteout conditions on a few key interstates. Thanks to all who provided updates by phone and text, and thanks to the DOT for the passable job of plowing.

Thing Two: Regarding my previous entry, I have never been so overjoyed to be so catastrophically wrong. It is delightful to have my ignorance about a sport I love and study so amazingly exposed. How wrong was I? My predicted score for the game matched exactly the score predicted by the relentlessly annoying Brady-humper Bill Simmons. (Scroll to the bottom) It gets no wrong-er than that. And I just love it.

Thing Three: This has the potential to be a source of even more joy. When the Feds get involved, it is not a good omen. Belichick and co, kindly contact Barry Bonds, Michael Vick, and Marion Jones about this.

Thing Four: For the life of me, I can not find at this time a good photo of male model (and erstwhile quarterback) Tom Brady absorbing a massive amount of physical abuse at the hands of the Giants. But they're out there. And they make me grin.

Thing Five: Randy Moss, zero Super Bowl rings.

Thing Six: This.

Thing Seven: Just, you know, a general reminder and affirmation that yes, there is justice and light in the world.

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://timekills.org/gallery/albums/Bills/GayBrady.jpg

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and this

http://partmule.com/bradygolfer.jpg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home